Chef Deano's Weisenberger Farms’ Cornbread Dressing
Yield: 12 servings
Time to make: about an hour
2/3 cup butter
2 cups diced sweet onions
2 cups diced celery
1/2 tsp fresh blanched minced garlic
1 tbsp chopped fresh shallot
1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
3-4 cups cornbread crumbles (follow recipe on Weisenberger Farms cornbread bag)
2 cups soft fresh breadcrumbs (prefer white bread)
5 eggs, lightly beaten
5 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Sauté onions, celery, garlic and shallots in large skillet for 5 minutes. Stir in herbs and
sauté additional 1 minute. Set aside.
3. In separate bowl, combine cornbread crumbles and white bread. Stir in eggs, stock and
cream. Add sautéed celery and onions. Season stuffing to taste.
4. Pour into greased 13 by 9 dish. Allow dressing to "set up" a bit before baking,
approximately 30 minutes.
5. Bake for 50 minutes to 1hr.
* If you don't want excessive browning, cook first 30 minutes under foil then uncover for
This is my Grandmother’s recipe and can be done 4-6 hours ahead or even day before, although
better day of!
Yield: 12 servings
Cooking time: about an hour
5lbs. sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
8 ounces unsalted butter
1½ cups brown sugar
1 cup Pet milk
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup cornflakes
1½ cups pecans, ½ toasted lightly
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg(substitute powder if fresh unavailable)
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Blanch sweet potatoes in large pot until fork tender (similar to mashed). Drain very, very
well then puree in food processor until smooth.
3. In large bowl, add potatoes, melted butter, spices, ½ Brown sugar, milk and eggs.
4. Bake this mixture in greased casserole under foil for 45 minutes.
5. Chop Toasted Pecans and mix with cornflakes. Add touch of cinnamon and remaining
6. Spread this mix all over top of sweet potatoes and bake for additional 45 minutes,
7. Allow dish to sit for a bit after cooking. The sugar can get extremely hot once
caramelized and can burn lips, so be careful & allow to cool. Enjoy!